33rd General Session of Jamiat Ulama-i-Hind
13 November 2016, at Ajmer Sharif
- This General session urges Islamic scholars and ulama to work for maintaining unity and harmony among the different schools of thoughts and bring them to on one platform for achieving a common cause. As in the past, when Muslims were on the verge of disintegration, the then president of Jamiat Ulama-i-Hind Sheikhul Islam Maulana Husain Ahmad Madani gave a clarion call for unity and harmony saying “It is the special duty of all Muslims in general and Islamic Ulema in particular to get awake and to paper over their differences and to put their collective energies in common cause for betterment of the nation and the community”. Therefore, this session calls upon all the schools of thought and sects to come together and stand united for striving common issues and cause of the community.
- In the present times, many misconceptions and falsehoods about Islam in the name of terrorism, radicalism and injustices to womenfolk are being spread by forces who are inimical to Islam and Muslims. And this malicious campaign is not only affecting the just and neutral minds but also our new generation. In this context, it should be our prime duty and first priority to dispel the misgivings about Islam and present the true face of Islam to the world.
- The session firmly believes that Islam is a religion of peace and harmony and the existence of Muslims and their Islamic character in the society is a boon and bliss for the whole humanity. So this aspect of Islam should not be confined to only Muslims and Muslims should avoid polemic approach in their dawah work, and their character should reflect the true teaching of Islam. The session underlines the fact that Islam’s main and prime objective is not grabbing power but establishing justice and equality as well as eliminating disorder and violence from the earth
- It is a basic component of Islam’s global message of peace that to keep away from wars and strive for peaceful means for resolving disputes. Protecting and rescuing people from bloodbath and establishing peace is the real Jihad in Islam. Islam holds chaos and disorder of all kinds, disharmony, bloodshed and targeting of innocent people as most heinous crime. Therefore, the session strongly condemns terrorism in all its forms. In this connection, it once again fully endorses the fatwa of Darul Uloom Deoband. We appeal to all the justice loving people that they should not only denounce terrorism but also try to remove the causes and motives that breed terrorism.
- On the other side, however, framing innocent people in terror cases has become a pattern and it has also become a legal tool in the hands of oppressors to harass innocent persons. Therefore, we appeal to justice-loving people to fight the cases of innocent persons who have been framed in false cases.
- The session feels that forging unity and bonds with Dalits and backward sections of the society is utmost necessary for establishing equality and justice in the society and we should work together with them for achieving the goal of social justice.
- For cleansing and eradicating crimes, immoral customs, extravagance, alcoholism, drug addiction, sexual exploitation, nudity and female foeticide from the society, the session calls upon the leaders of all the faiths and reformative organizations for their cooperation in this endeavour. The Jamiat Ulama-i- Hind has decided of launching a campaign against alcoholism and social evils during the whole year of 2017.
- On interference in the Muslim Personal Law and Uniform Civil Code issue, the session on this occasion reiterates the message of Maulana Husain Ahmad Madani that “ Muslims in India will live with complete religious , cultural and civil freedom instead of giving in to subjugation, they would prefer to die with honour.” Therefore, we consider practising and preserving our religious identity and dealing our internal matters in accordance with the teachings of Qur’an and Sunnah are our Constitutional rights. In this regard, we also recalls the famous quote of Maulana Asad Madani : “We are the free citizens of this country and we will not give up (our) these rights at any cost. In case, if Uniform Civil code is imposed on this country or interference made in the Muslim Personal Law, then our status will not be of a free citizen”
- We also want to urge to Muslims that they should follow the preaching and teaching of Islam in its true spirit as it is the best way of protecting our religious identity. We have to prove practically that Islam has given more rights to women and children. We have to wage Jihad against wrong-practices prevalent in performing Nikah and Talaaq. We have to spearhead movement for giving proper rights to women in accordance with Islam. We will strive to insert such clauses in the Nikahnama that will resolve any disputes in the martial life through Mahkame Shania. The session also condemns three-talaaq at one go and appeals to every sections of the Muslim society to make stride to eliminate this wrong-practice.